Monday, December 24, 2007

The Poem That Moved Everyone

The lovely and meaningful poem below was read by Rabbi Scott Shpeen at the conclusion of Micki's funeral service. Many people have been asking for it. Thank you to Jay Worona, who has been sending it to those who requested it. I have posted it here, so that you may share it with your friends and family.


When I Die (Author unknown)

When I die
If you need to weep
Cry for someone
Walking the street beside you

And when you need me
Put your arms around others
And give them
What you need to give me

You can love me most
By letting hands touch hands
And souls touch souls

You can love me most
By sharing your joys
And multiplying your good deeds

You can love me most
By letting me live in your eyes
And not just in your mind

And when you say Kaddish for me
Remember what our Torah teaches
Love doesn’t die
People do

So when all that is left of me is love
Give me away

No comments: